Managed Accounts on FirstWrap offer a series of professionally managed portfolios designed to deliver transparent, engaging advice solutions. If you’re looking to invest with leading portfolio managers to deliver efficient advice solutions, or looking to reduce share administration requirements, Managed Accounts on FirstWrap may be the answer.
Trades within the portfolios are free from any brokerage fees, and the non-unitised structure helps provide your clients with transparency of their underlying investments. You can also set client preferences at account level to reflect your client’s ethical, social, tax or income preferences.
What does this mean for you? More time spent seeing clients, growing your business and developing strategies and less time on paperwork and routine administration.
- Professionally managed portfolios across different investment styles to meet your clients’ objectives, ranging from Australian core, high conviction, socially responsible, concentrated small cap, high yield and diversified portfolios.
- Advisers can set client preferences at an account level, allowing the benefit of a streamlined business model while retaining the ability to cater for different client requirements, such as ethical and social considerations, tax, income or other preferences..
- In-specie transfer existing listed security and managed fund holdings on to the FirstWrap platform, and then transfer into a managed account portfolio. This may reduce time out of market, without the need to sell down to cash before transferring. The existing cost base is retained.
- Nil brokerage is charged to clients when trading within the managed account portfolios.
- Floating models mean portfolio manager weightings move in line with the market and transactions are minimised.
BENEFITS OF MANAGED ACCOUNTS ON FIRSTWRAP
For your business
- May reduce the need for ROAs* and mean less administration and portfolio management
- Spend more time with clients providing valuable holistic financial advice and less time on administration and document generation
- Risk can be reduced through quicker, more consistent implementation aligning the investor to a portfolio manager's target weights
- Investment rebalances and instructions by the portfolio manager can be quickly implemented without the need for client authority
For your clients
- Access to professional portfolio managers
- By holding a portfolio of underlying investments, your clients may benefit from a more personalised tax outcome when compared toa managed fund
- Generally greater transparency and portability of investments than a traditional managed fund
- Cost efficiency and value
* Seek your own professional advice regarding the requirement for issuing an ROA.
Professionally managed portfolios
FirstWrap offers a range of managed account portfolios from a selection of professional portfolio managers. You can select one of more portfolios as part of your client's overall investment strategy.
1. Investment Trends, April 2017 Planner Direct Equities & Managed Accounts Report.
Adviser use only
Colonial First State Investments Limited ABN 98 002 348 352, AFS Licence 232468 is the issuer of the FirstChoice range of super and pension products from the Colonial First State FirstChoice Superannuation Trust ABN 26 458 298 557. Colonial First State also issues interests in products made available under FirstChoice Investments and FirstChoice Wholesale Investments, other than FirstRate Saver, FirstRate Term Deposits and FirstRate Investment Deposits which are products of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124, AFS Licence 234945 (the Bank). Colonial First State is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Bank. The Bank and its subsidiaries do not guarantee the performance of FirstChoice products or the repayment of capital for your investment.This information has been prepared by Colonial First State Custom Solutions, which is the registered business name of Avanteos Investments Limited ABN 20 096 259 979, AFS Licence 245531 (AIL). AIL is the operator of a number of investor directed portfolio services (IDPS’), is the trustee of a number of superannuation funds, and provides custodian and/or administration services in relation to superannuation, IDPS, IDPS-Like and managed discretionary account (MDA) products. AIL provides platform administration services and reporting services. AIL is owned ultimately by Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 AFSL 234945 (the Bank). The Bank and its subsidiaries do not guarantee performance of AIL products or the repayment of capital by AIL.
While all care has been taken in the preparation of this document (using sources believed to be reliable and accurate), to the maximum extent permitted by law, no person including AIL, nor any related parties, their employees or directors, accepts responsibility for any loss suffered by any person arising from reliance on this information. This document contains general information for adviser use only and is not to be handed to any investor. It does not take into account any person’s individual objectives, financial situation, needs or taxation circumstances. You should read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) (FirstChoice and FirstWrap) or Investor Directed Portfolio Service Guide (IDPS Guide) (FirstWrap only) before making any recommendations. Clients should read the relevant PDS or IDPS Guide before making an investment decision and consider talking to a financial adviser. Clients can obtain FirstChoice PDSs from colonialfirststate.com.au or by calling 13 13 36 and FirstWrap PDSs and IDPSs from their adviser. This document cannot be used or copied in whole or part without our express written consent.
Taxation considerations are general and based on present taxation laws and may be subject to change. AIL is not a registered tax (financial) adviser under the Tax Agent Services Act 2009 and investors should seek tax advice from a registered tax agent or a registered tax (financial) adviser if they intend to rely on this information to satisfy the liabilities or obligations or claim entitlements that arise, or could arise, under a taxation law.
© Avanteos Investments Limited 2017.