With FirstChoice Employer Super, you’ll be providing your employees with access to a range of investment options. We support those who prefer the simplicity of a cost-effective, automated strategy, as well as those who enjoy taking a more active role in managing their super.
Option 1: We do the work (Default investment option)
With FirstChoice Lifestage, we set the investment mix according to the member’s age and adjust it over time.
Option 2: Member chooses their investment profile
The member chooses their investment profile and we then invest the money in multi-manager and multi-index options.
Option 3: Member builds their own portfolio
The member builds their own portfolio from our menu including multi-manager, multi-index and single-manager options.
Our default investment option – FirstChoice Lifestage
With different people needing different things from their super, it’s critical that the default option is adaptable.
FirstChoice Lifestage is a smart investment option that automatically adjusts to suit a member’s life stage.
FirstChoice Lifestage means your employees can stay in one investment option where the asset mix changes as they get closer to retirement.
This approach aims to:
- Reduce the impact of any volatile returns just prior to retirement
- Maximise the potential for returns when the member is young.
FirstChoice Lifestage at a glance:
- MySuper approved
- Cost-effective – Annual total investment and administration fees of no more than 1% (unless other price agreed) plus $60 per annum ($5 per month) per account
- Highly diversified – 10 asset classes available
- Auto-adjusts – The investment mix adjusts automatically as the member gets closer to retirement
- Professionally managed – Delivered by the expert investment team at Colonial First State.
View the FirstChoice Lifestage option MySuper dashboards
Investment choice and flexibility
Not all your employees will want to invest in the default option. More engaged investors may like to choose their investment mix. While for others, their personal circumstances may dictate the need for an investment mix that is different to others their age.
We offer these members the option of constructing their own investment portfolios from our comprehensive investment menu (see below).
18 multi-manager options:
- Seven multi-sector options
- Six single sector options
- Five multi-index series options.
23 single manager options:
- Single manager, single sector options, invested in single asset classes.