You will be eligible for the super co-contribution if you can answer yes to all of the following:
- you made one or more eligible personal super contributions to your super account during the financial year
- you pass the two income tests
- you were less than 71 years old at the end of the financial year
- you did not hold a temporary visa at any time during the financial year (unless you are a New Zealand citizen or it was a prescribed visa)
- you lodged your tax return for the relevant financial year.
You are not entitled to a super co-contribution for personal contributions you have been allowed as a tax deduction.